I hope your year is off to a great start and that your SAA chapters are excited for the year ahead!
The following are a few updates I want to pass along regarding upcoming opportunities within the Student Academy of Audiology Advisory Committee (SAAAC) and the new chapter incentives program:
- The SAAAC will have three, 3-year terms and one, 1-year term opening July 1, 2016. If you’re interested in serving, please don’t hesitate to contact me with me any questions. You can find out more about the SAAAC here and add your name to the Academy’s volunteer pool here.
- Soon, the search for the next National SAA Advisor/Chair-Elect of the SAAAC will begin. If you or someone you know may be interested in filling this rewarding position, please be on the lookout for the call for applications in mid-April. If you’d like more information about the position, please e-mail me.
- Finally, as many of you may have heard, the National SAA has changed its national membership requirement for local chapters. The SAA Board is pleased to announce the creation of an incentives program wherein SAA Chapters will be rewarded for reaching certain benchmarks of national SAA membership within their chapters. And they are:
- 75% membership – Eligible to apply for HEAR Chapter Grants
- 85% membership – Recognition in the SAAy Anything Newsletter and at the SAA Membership Meeting
- 90% membership – Extra Chapter Challenge Point
- 100% membership – Chapter Spotlight Article
Chapters not holding at least 75% national membership will be contacted by their regional representative to see how the SAA can better serve their members and assist their chapter.
As always, we highly encourage membership at the national level for many reasons. The national SAA will be highlighting these reasons over the course of the next year through social media, videos, emails and other forms of media so be on the lookout. We appreciate your assistance in encouraging your students to support their profession through membership in the national organization!
My email address for contact purposes is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kate Marchelletta, AuD
SAAAC Chair/National SAA Advisor