2015 - 2016 Chapter Challenge
As a part of our efforts to advance relationships between Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) chapters, we have developed a series of Chapter Challenges to help grow engagement in our profession, and build a sense of community among students of audiology. Furthermore, as future audiologists, it is paramount to be active participants in the advancement of our profession. We encourage all chapters to participate! The Chapter Challenge program is funded by the AAA Foundation with a gift from Hearing Healthcare Recruiters, Inc.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- The Chapter Challenge falls into four main areas: Advocacy, Education, Humanitarian and Fundraising efforts.
- Participation in any area can occur throughout the entire challenge year beginning August 30 and ending March 10. This will be broken up into three periods:
- In order to be in contention to win, your chapter must participate and accumulate points during at least two of the three periods.
- Your chapter should have received a document of possible activities to pursue and an tally sheet to track your points during each term of the challenge period. Only enter numbers into the first greyed-out column of this sheet; Excel will calculate the points in the second greyed-out column. Please read the descriptions carefully to understand how points are tallied.
- At the end of each challenge period, email a copy of your sheet to Sarah Blue. These points will be tallied and communicated to all local chapters.
- You may count any activities that your chapter has completed since the start of the Fall 2015 semester! (end of August/early September depending on your semester start date)
- ANY ACTIVITIES THAT ARE NOT LISTED STILL COUNT! The activities listed are just suggestions to get you started! So get creative! Each additional activity is worth 1 point. Please record, in detail, what your chapter did to earn the point, and include it in the most appropriate category under “Additional Activities”. If you have questions about how an activity should be tallied, please contact Sarah Blue, SAA Chapter Relations Committee Chair.
- The winning chapters will be announced during AudiologyNOW! 2016 in Phoenix, be featured in the SAAy Anything e-newsletter and will be recognized in the “SAA Spotlight” in Audiology Today!
- There will be SIX winning schools this year! The categories are below. Keep in mind each school can only win for one of the six champion titles:
1) Most Overall Points
2) Most Well Rounded
3) Advocacy Challenge Champion
4) Education Challenge Champion
5) Humanitarian Challenge Champion
6) Fundraising Challenge Champion
We look forward to a year-long competition and seeing everything you and your chapters accomplish! Be sure to send videos, photos, or write-ups so we can share your progress! Remember: ADVOCATE, EDUCATE, SUPPORT and LEAD!