2018-2019 Chapter Challenge
As a part of our efforts to advance relationships between Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) chapters, we have developed a series of Chapter Challenges to help grow engagement in our profession, and build a sense of community among students of audiology. Furthermore, as future audiologists, it is paramount to be active participants in the advancement of our profession. We encourage all chapters to participate! The Chapter Challenge program is funded by the AAA Foundation with a gift from Hearing Healthcare Recruiters, Inc.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- The Chapter Challenge falls into four main areas: Advocacy, Education, Humanitarian, and Fundraising.
- Participation in any area can occur throughout the entire challenge year beginning March 17, 2018 and ending February 22, 2019. This will be broken up into three periods:
- Use the Chapter Challenge Instructions document and tally sheet to track your points during each term of the challenge period. Only enter numbers into the first grayed-out column of this sheet; Excel will calculate the points in the second grayed-out column. Please read the descriptions carefully to understand how points are tallied.
- At the end of each challenge period, email a copy of your tally sheet to Anastasia Grindle, SAA Chapter and Member Relations Committee Chair by the submission deadline. Absolutely no late submissions will be accepted. Points will be tallied and communicated to all local chapters.
- You may count any activities that your chapter has completed since March 17, 2018!
- ANY ACTIVITIES THAT ARE NOT LISTED MAY STILL COUNT! The activities listed are just suggestions to get you started! So get creative! Each additional activity is worth 1 point. Please record, in detail, what your chapter did to earn the point, and include it in the most appropriate category under “Additional Activities”. If you have questions about how an activity should be tallied, please contact Anastasia Grindle.
- The winning chapters will be announced during the SAA Membership Meeting at AAA 2019 in Columbus and will be featured on the SAA website and social media.
- There will be SIX winning schools this year, each eligible for a cash prize! The categories are listed below. Keep in mind each school can only win one of the six champion titles:
1) Most Overall Points - $600 award
2) Most Well Rounded - $500 award
3) Advocacy Challenge Champion - $400 award
4) Education Challenge Champion - $300 award
5) Humanitarian Challenge Champion - $300 award
6) Fundraising Challenge Champion - $300 award
We look forward to a year-long competition and seeing everything you and your chapters accomplish! Be sure to send videos, photos, or write-ups so we can share in your successes! Remember: ADVOCATE, EDUCATE, SUPPORT and LEAD!