It may be helpful to take some time for self-reflection before diving into writing. Answering the following questions out loud and informally while a friend or family member takes notes can aid in collecting your thoughts as starting point.
- How/why did you gain interest in audiology?
- What are some experiences you have had, or opportunities you’ve taken, to demonstrate your interest?
- What aspects of the profession are you most passionate about?
- What do you see yourself doing as a professional in the future? Do you have a specific population or setting you envision as part of your career?
- What personality traits do you have that will help you succeed, and which traits do you hope to develop further?
Whether someone takes bullet point notes of your answers, you write down answers, or you record yourself, these answers will serve as a basis for the next steps.