“Ask Me About Audiology” Campaign Outreach Ideas
The Student Academy of Audiology’s “Ask Me About Audiology” (AMAA) Campaign on October 21 is the perfect way to get out into your local community and talk to people about what an audiologist is, the effects of hearing loss, and hearing conservation!
Here are some examples of target venues where your SAA chapter might be able to go and advocate for audiology:
- Indoor and outdoor sporting events
- Air shows
- College (or professional) football tailgating events
- Involvement day at your local university
- Amusement parks
- Health fairs
- Shooting ranges
- Events with fireworks
- Live music venues
- Local service organizations
- Local organizations of meetings whose members are exposed to high levels of noise
- Sport shooting club
- Law enforcement gathering
- Industrial workers union meeting
- Outdoor stores (with hunting season in mind)
Here are more ideas for activities for outreach during your event:
- Disseminate donated ear plugs from our generous sponsor, Oaktree Products, Inc.
- Create practical fliers (i.e. handheld paper fans or business cards with quick facts)
- Live demonstration of MP3 noise levels (Here is an example).
- Provide free hearing screenings
If you see an idea you would like to add, please send your ideas to Hanna Sawher, SAA Public Outreach Committee Chair.