Auction 4 Audiology
AAA 2018 brings the opportunity to attend educational sessions, learn about the latest and greatest technology in the exhibit hall, and the chance to network with other professionals. But, it also brings us together for several other events such as the Auction 4 Audiology! Each year, the Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) collaborates with its non-profit partner, the American Academy of Audiology Foundation (AAAF), in this annual fundraiser whose proceeds from student donations directly benefit other students through scholarships and grants provided by the AAAF. These scholarships and grants are awarded to students for research, academic and clinical efforts, as well as travel assistance to educational conferences.
SAA Chapters are encouraged to donate an item (or a few items as a "lot") for the auction. Some ideas for donations include:
- E-Gift cards (to your favorite online store, for music, for food...)
- Homemade items (purses, quilts, jewelry, pottery...)
- School spirit items (t-shirts, license plate frames, plush mascots, coffee mugs...)
- State-special or region-specific items (driftwood from the east coast, wine from northern CA, southern cookbook and baking items...)
- Cool audiology swag (ear keychain, tote bags, coffee mugs...)
- A treasured audiology textbook that may be old or new, in or out of print
- The sky's the limit!
Chapters who donate an item to the auction will earn one point in the Fundraising category under the 2017-2018 Chapter Challenges. We hope that your chapter will participate in the upcoming Auction 4 Audiology. If your SAA Chapter is interested in donating, please email Rachael Sifuentes, Associate Director of SAA and Volunteer Engagement, or fill out a 2018 SAA Auction Form.
Item pictured was donated to the 2017 Auction 4 Audiology by the SAA Chapter at Vanderbilt University.