As a part of our efforts to advance relationships between Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) chapters, we have developed a series of Chapter Challenges to help grow engagement in our profession, and build a sense of community among students of audiology. Furthermore, as future audiologists, it is paramount to be active participants in the advancement of our profession. We encourage all chapters to participate! The Chapter Challenge program is funded by the AAA Foundation with a gift from Hearing Healthcare Recruiters, LLC.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2020-2021 Chapter Challenges!
- Most Overall Points: University of Colorado-Boulder
- Most Well-Rounded: North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Advocacy: University of South Florida
- Education: University of Puerto Rico
- Humanitarian: University of Texas at Austin
- Fundraising: A.T. Still University
- Diversity & Inclusion: Rush University
Remember, chapters can only win ONE category per challenge year. Most Well-Rounded is tallied at the end of the challenge year, taking into account all three rounds of participation (if applicable).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- The Chapter Challenges are divided into five main categories: Advocacy, Education, Humanitarian, Fundraising, and Diversity & Inclusion.
- Points can be submitted in three different periods during the year. NOTE: LATE SUBMISSIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Period 1: March 1, 2021 – October 4, 2021 (submission deadline October 11, 2021)
- Period 2: October 5, 2021 – December 12, 2021 (submission deadline Dec. 19, 2021)
- Period 3: December 13, 2021 – March 13, 2022 (submission deadline March 20, 2022)
- Within this document are suggested activities; however, this is just a start. Activities that are not listed may receive up to one point for each additional activity. Please record, in detail, what your chapter’s event consisted of (who, what, where) and include it in Section 8 of the Google Form under “Additional Activities”. If you have questions about how an activity should be tallied, please contact Cassandra Speight, Chapter Challenges Subcommittee Chair.
- By each submission deadline, complete the Chapter Challenges Google Form. Please follow the form’s directions and read the descriptions carefully to understand how points are tallied. Add supplemental information in the designated notes area in each section. Make sure to include all of the activities in which your chapter participated! Points will be tallied and communicated to all chapters at the end of each submission period.
- The winning chapters will be featured on the SAA website and on SAA social media.
- There will be SEVEN winning chapters this year with cash prizes awarded to the top SAA chapter in each of the below categories! Keep in mind each school can only win one of the six champion titles: Most Overall Points, Most Well-Rounded, Advocacy Challenge Champion, Education Challenge Champion, Humanitarian Challenge Champion, Fundraising Challenge Champion, Diversity and Inclusion Challenge Champion.
We look forward to a year-long competition and seeing everything your chapters accomplish! Be sure to send videos, photos, and write-ups so we can share in your successes and track your chapter’s progress!