What are your specific interests in audiology? What are your professional goals related to these interests?
My specific interests in audiology include vestibular studies, musicians’ hearing health, and hearing loss and aging. My professional goals involve clinical development in the aforementioned areas and pursuing a pediatric specialization.
Have you previously volunteered with the SAA?
- Missouri State Ambassador: 2022-2023, 2021-2022
- Local University Chapter — WashU SAA
- Fundraising Chair (2022-2023): manage fundraising finances, design merchandise, develop and coordinate fundraising opportunities
- First-Year Representative (2021-2022): communicate as liaison for the student cohort in our graduate school’s SAA chapter
Aside from the SAA, what other relevant volunteer experiences do you have?
- Missouri Academy of Audiology (MAA): helping plan for the 2022 Annual Scope of Practice Conference
- Healthy Hearing Screening with Special Olympics Missouri (SOMO)
- Helping fundraise for a local ENT/Audiology medical mission trip abroad (2022)
- JMU NSSLHA: volunteering, community outreach, fundraising throughout college (2017-2021)
- Undergraduate CSD Volunteer Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant